Jonathan Adler guest edits Livingetc's June issue - here's what to expect
Interior designer, TV presenter, potter and bon viveur has become the first ever guest editor of Livingetc, filling our pages with his creative genius
Interior designer, TV presenter, potter and world-renowned decorator Jonathan Adler has become Livingetc's first ever guest editor, overseeing the features and art direction of our June issue, out now.
And what an issue it is. Brimming with modern interior design ideas straight from the brilliantly creative mind of Jonathan, he wanted it to feel like "sorbet for the soul", or a wonderful palate cleanser between the difficult past year and good times that are hopefully ahead.
Subscribers received their copies last week, with this cover, above, featuring the garden of a project Jonathan designed in Palm Beach. More information about how you can subscribe have Livingetc mailed directly to you here.
The main news stand edition is in the stores now, featuring this cover, below, the dining area of the same home in Palm Beach. The whole house - an array of wonderful colors, patterned ceilings and exotic prints - runs across 10 pages inside the magazine.
The issue is full of brilliant features.
- Be inspired by a decorating story focussing on wonderful, cloud like shapes, a soft palette of whites and Jonathan's current favourite shade, eau de nil.
- See a mulit-colored house in Spain designed by Nuria Alia, a rising star that Jonathan has been following for a while. There are also four other brilliant homes handpicked by Jonathan from around the world, including Palm Beach, Mexico, San Francisco and Australia.
- Read the unhelpful guide to eccentricity, a hilarious feature penned by Jonathan's husband Simon Doonan, about how to embrace your own personality through design, and why you really should.
- Be inspired by Jonathan's rules for decorating from a man who doesn't believe in rules, his can-do attitude a wonderful tonic to anything too serious.
- Read up on six people who have changed the face of style as we know it, chosen by Jonathan becuase they are trail blazers in their own way. From design to culture to arts, these are the legends that continue to inspire.
- And of course, there is all the usual travel, food, gardens, decorating and news you'd hope for, with a spotlight on emerging fine artists to know about, interviews with Trina Turk and India Hicks and a stationery company Jonathan swears by.
Find Livingetc in all good stores now.
Asked why he wanted to work with Livingetc, Jonathan said: "Livingetc is my favorite magazine. It hits all the right notes, making design unapologetically avant garde while also being friendly and accessible to all. It does what I've always tried to do, being an exhortation to great interiors and against snobbery when it comes to great aesthetics."
Shining a spotlight on the now and the next in home design and decor, Livingetc is the UK's best selling high end and contemporary home design magazine. As a brand, Livingetc showcases the world's very best homes, breaks and makes the trends, and has access to leading international designers for insight and ideas. It was first published in 1998, and is currently edited by Pip Rich.
How big should an outdoor dining table be? This size will make entertaining al fresco more comfortable
The right size outdoor dining table is key to making sure your guests aren't sitting on top of each other. Here's the size experts suggest, and the best to buy
By Aditi Sharma Maheshwari • Published
'Instant ambience boosters!' The 6 best plants for an outdoor dining area which all create a relaxing atmosphere
The best plants for an outdoor dining area include scented flowers, aromatic herbs and sweet baby fruit bushes to elevate your alfresco experience
By Sarah Wilson • Published