Interior designer, TV presenter, potter and world-renowned decorator Jonathan Adler has become Livingetc's first ever guest editor, overseeing the features and art direction of our June issue, out now.
And what an issue it is. Brimming with modern interior design ideas straight from the brilliantly creative mind of Jonathan, he wanted it to feel like "sorbet for the soul", or a wonderful palate cleanser between the difficult past year and good times that are hopefully ahead.
Subscribers received their copies last week, with this cover, above, featuring the garden of a project Jonathan designed in Palm Beach. More information about how you can subscribe have Livingetc mailed directly to you here.
The main news stand edition is in the stores now, featuring this cover, below, the dining area of the same home in Palm Beach. The whole house - an array of wonderful colors, patterned ceilings and exotic prints - runs across 10 pages inside the magazine.
The issue is full of brilliant features.
- Be inspired by a decorating story focussing on wonderful, cloud like shapes, a soft palette of whites and Jonathan's current favourite shade, eau de nil.
- See a mulit-colored house in Spain designed by Nuria Alia, a rising star that Jonathan has been following for a while. There are also four other brilliant homes handpicked by Jonathan from around the world, including Palm Beach, Mexico, San Francisco and Australia.
- Read the unhelpful guide to eccentricity, a hilarious feature penned by Jonathan's husband Simon Doonan, about how to embrace your own personality through design, and why you really should.
- Be inspired by Jonathan's rules for decorating from a man who doesn't believe in rules, his can-do attitude a wonderful tonic to anything too serious.
- Read up on six people who have changed the face of style as we know it, chosen by Jonathan becuase they are trail blazers in their own way. From design to culture to arts, these are the legends that continue to inspire.
- And of course, there is all the usual travel, food, gardens, decorating and news you'd hope for, with a spotlight on emerging fine artists to know about, interviews with Trina Turk and India Hicks and a stationery company Jonathan swears by.
Find Livingetc in all good stores now.
Asked why he wanted to work with Livingetc, Jonathan said: "Livingetc is my favorite magazine. It hits all the right notes, making design unapologetically avant garde while also being friendly and accessible to all. It does what I've always tried to do, being an exhortation to great interiors and against snobbery when it comes to great aesthetics."
Be The First To Know
The Livingetc newsletter is your shortcut to the now and the next in home design. Subscribe today to receive a stunning free 200-page book of the best homes from around the world.
The homes media brand for early adopters, Livingetc shines a spotlight on the now and the next in design, obsessively covering interior trends, color advice, stylish homeware and modern homes. Celebrating the intersection between fashion and interiors. it's the brand that makes and breaks trends and it draws on its network on leading international luminaries to bring you the very best insight and ideas.
'They're the Trick Your Home is Missing' — 12 Portable Table Lamps That Will Transform a Lighting Scheme
Say goodbye to cords and hello to convenience with this expert pick of the best portable table lamps, curated carefully by a style editor
By Brigid Kennedy Published
These Are the 4 Best Interior Design Stores in NYC, According to Our Style Editor
I shop for a living, and I know that these design destinations are the creme de la creme, where I get almost everything for me home. Here's what to buy from each
By Julia Demer Published